Monday, September 29, 2008

My World/Weekend

Life has been anything but boring these days. Plenty going on, some good, some not so good. My brother unfortunately had to go back to the hospital. My sister wrote an excellent (long) blog about the situation as it unfolded Wednesday. You can read it here at: http://mupialpha.blogspot.com/ the good news is, I saw him twice this weekends and his spirit is good. He's just pretty much hanging out at the hospital. They want to keep an eye on his leg and give him IV antibiotics. His leg, while still being fully wrapped, looked smaller like the swelling was going down. He was also practicing laying flat which can be quite painful after his earlier procedure. He was having pain in his lower back that was probably due to him sleeping in a recliner instead of flat on his back. So the short period of pain should pay off in the long run as he works to get back to "normal" life.

This weekend was incredible!!! I spent the entire weekend with Molly and we had a great time!

Friday we went to visit my brother at the Cleveland Clinic.

Saturday I ran the 4th leg (5K) which was uphill. I was still really happy with my time 27:27, I hadn't had a consistent training schedule but was still able to get out a few times a week. Molly dropped me off at the start and then found her way around the race course to the finish to cheer me on and pick me up, she's the best!!! :) After that I needed a hot shower and a nap. I think I earned it! lol Later in the evening I went back out to visit my brother while Molly ran home to Y-town to grab a few things she forgot.

Sunday Molly and I went on a zip line tour through the Hocking Hills Canopy! Check out the web site: http://www.hockinghillscanopytours.com/ Everyone there was incredibly nice! We rode 11 zip lines (some as long as 575ft. with speeds 30+ mph :)), crossed 3 suspension bridges and repelled down a 30 ft. high platform! I did my best to scare Molly whenever possibly but she was on to me. I would recommend this trip to anyone, well worth the drive down there!!! Here are some pics:

Molly and I in front of suspension bridge 2


Molly coming in for a landing



Me, coming in for a landing

1 comment:

Karen said...

So sorry to hear about your brother's ordeal. I hope the worst is over now, and that he will continue to improve from here on out. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

I'm glad you had a good weekend though! Sounds like that zip line tour was a lot of fun!