In 2010 Cancer will become the number 1 killer in America, surpassing heart disease. What can you do to help???
Donate any of the following:
1. Blood/Platelets - This is easy, free and relatively painless and you can potentially save peoples lives. Blood and platelets play a large part in kick-starting the production of white blood cells that typically get their ass kicked by chemo treatments. I'm no Dr. but donating blood is an excellent way to help!
2. Money - for research and to help those less fortunate that are stricken with this killer
3. Time - There are a lot of fund raising efforts that can not happen with out the tireless work of it's volunteers
4. Support - reach out to those you know who are affected directly or indirectly by Cancer and simply let them know you are there for them and care. It goes a long way, trust me.
5. Bone Marrow - you don't have to donate anything up front, but you can sign up to become a donor. From there your marrow type will be held a database to use to help save someone's life who can't produce there own marrow. Again, easy free and life saving! All you need to do is get your cheek swabbed!
Cancer is a killer that has no feelings, it doesn't care whose Mother, Father, Sister, Brother, Son, Daughter, Husband, Wife, loved one and Friend it affects. Help take a stand in 2010 and tell Cancer that we will not let it take any more loved ones from us.