Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Three days out

And I'm a little nervous. I've been training for this weekend since January. The Mohican 100K MTB race is this Saturday. I know I can do it but I'm getting butterflies right now as I think about it. I can't think about these meetings I'm in right now, all I can think about is riding.

I'm thankful for many things including the support of my girlfriend, my family, the guys at Eddy's Bike Shop and the bewildered stares I get from coworkers when I tell them what I'm doing.

I'm pumped to be riding with diabetes, after all we all ride for the thrill and challenge, I just have one little additional challenge. I rode a big chunk of this past Sunday but pulled out half way through the 2nd lap due to the heat. I felt good overall though. 90 degrees was just really hot and humid, especially in the woods! My legs felt good and I'll only be doing part of the crazy 25 mile loop before we jet out of the woods on to back roads and new courses. Much of the 100 mile and 100K course is on hiking trails and private property that is only open for riding this one day of the year. How cool is that?!?!?!?

I'm getting myself ready, slowly. Making sure nothing is forgotten. I'll keep you posted over the next few days and do my best to document and keep track of this incredible start to my 2010 season and endurance career!

In a lighter final note, I tried the new Snapple Trop-a-rocka ice tea that Bret Michaels created on the celebrity apprentice. It is probably one of the best diet drinks I've had. Way to go Bret!!! Try it for yourself, it also supports the American Diabetes Association!!!

No comments: