Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

Busy weekend with hundreds of miles driven! On Friday I went to pick up my brother to go and visit my Grandparents and Uncles in Buffalo, NY. After a crazy drive across Cleveland we made it to Buffalo at about 9:45pm. We proceeded to play with my grandparents new puppy named Daisy before promptly hitting the sack.

Full moon rising on our way to NY


Daisy


Daisy and Kevin


On Saturday we slept in a little and hung out with my Uncle Dave before my parents arrived joining us for lunch in Buffalo. After lunch settled for the most part we headed into downtown Buffalo with my Uncle Jaime, Aunt Cathy, Doug and Richard for some delicious wings at "The" Buffalo Wing Festival. We also saw the Black Widow (aka. a tiny Asian lady) destroy the wing eating contest killing 177 wings in 10 minutes. Craziness! Here are some pictures:

Entrance


Festival was held on the infield of the Buffalo Bison's Stadium


Eating contest


One of our samples


Entrance cluster f@ck


Once we got back from the wing fest we had some apple pie and ice cream with my Grandparents before hitting the road back to NE Ohio. We spent the night at my apartment which was nice to sleep in my own bed.

On Sunday morning Molly joined us to head up to Cleveland for the Air Show! It was awesome and a great day for the show. On a bad note it was a shit load of walk which wore my brother out big time. I was able to procure a solid chair for him when he needed a break which helped out a ton but I still felt bad that we had to travel so far on foot. Hindsight being 20/20, next time I'll bring the wheel chair. I would have been totally ok pushing him around but I know he wanted to do it on his own. We saw a bunch of awesome airplanes including my favorite, the F-15E or Strike Eagle for short. Here are the pics from that event:

Business end of a B-17


The Continental grill, how cool?!?!?!


Heritage flight with T to B: F-15E (my favorite), P-51 Mustang and the A-10 Thunderbolt


Me and Molly


Kevin and Me


After the show we went back to my parents to drop my brother off and pick up the dog before heading back to Akron.

Monday, I slept in until 11! It was great!!!! Then Molly and I headed out to her parents place in Youngstown for a nice, relaxing late lunch with her family and Grandmother. It was nice to ease back into the work we with a relaxing day on Monday.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!!!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Looks like you did more traveling than I did! I love that grill. Do they sell them at Walmart?