Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tour de Cure, 2008!

This past Sunday I rode in the Tour de Cure to support the American Diabetes Association! It was a last minute decision, however, I was able to still raise $795 in a week for the ride. The day was perfect! A little on the hot side at 92 degrees but the route was perfect, sun felt good and I had a blistering pace! I finished the 33 mile run in 2 hours flat which means I had a 16.3 mph average for a solid 2 hours. We stopped to cross a lot of streets so to think without interruption I could have potentially been faster!!! A big thank you to everyone who donated in support of my efforts and to the ADA for setting up the event! Finally, thank you to my little brother Kevin who is courageously battling cancer and is an inspiration and driving force for me to be the best brother, son, friend, diabetic, human being that I can be! Love ya!

Here is a pic of me before the start!


No comments: