Thursday, January 20, 2011

Hammer Time

I was suckered into investing in Hammer Nutrition products this fall. Well...not suckered, more like enticed. As part of my renewed focus for 2011 I knew that my nutrition while riding could use some work. I was all over the board and for a Type 1 diabetic cyclist that is not good. I'm going to try some new regiments and nutrition supplies and I was drawn to Hammer products because of their very organic approach to fuels. I feel the less processed the energy source, the better and more efficiently my body can break down and use the nutrition.

Here is what I'm starting with:

HEED Sports Drink: High energy electrolyte drink - subtle tasting, all-complex carbohydrate formula goes down easily and supplies you with consistent, long-lasting energy and the electrolytes you need to keep pushing the pace.

Hammer Gel: Hammer Gel has been the benchmark of concentrated carbohydrate energy gel, primarily because of what it doesn't contain - Hammer Gel has no added refined, simple sugars, and no artificial colors or sweeteners.

Perpetuem Solids: long-lasting, consistent energy source

Endurolytes Fizz: The quality and effectiveness that you’ve come to expect from Endurolytes (capsules and powder) in convenient, rapidly dissolving effervescent tablets. With Endurolytes Fizz you have a deliciously refreshing alternative to fulfill your body’s all-important electrolyte requirements.

Premium Insurance Caps: AKA: cycling specific multivitamin

1 comment:

m said...

Type I and have had the best bg's using Chocolate # 9 product on any 1hr workouts see that you have the hammer which I still use sometimes on the bike for a quick pick up but the Chocolate #9 product locks up your bg's amazingly(for me and my wife) also check out the Type I's bike across amercia team this is where I found out about the product. What I like is going into a hr spin class at say bg 80 and coming out at with the same 80-110 or so it works great, the only thing I have found is that sometimes you need about almost 2 to 1 of these comparied to some other gels.
PS I do some sprint tri's just to keep my bg's in control
MAO