Sunday, May 18, 2008

Boo for the weather!

First off, let me say farewell to a fellow diabetic who passed away today. Kyla Maldonado reminded all of us today how precious and fragile life is. She was 29 years old when she passed. She was survived by two terribly cute kids. I was going to dedicate my ride to today to her but I think the man upstairs wanted to give me a better, sunny day to ride and dedicate. So my next ride is all yours Kyla, RIP.

Well, I spent a lot of time today staring up at the sky waiting for the rain to end so I could ride. Nothing doin! Mother nature was not having it today. So I did go to the bike store to research my next purchase, a Trek Madone 4.5!!! My tongue hit the floor, it was so beautiful. Then I drove through rain and hail to the bank and grocery store. As I was leaving the store my BS went low. How ironic the very food to keep me alive was all around me and I have a low! I live right around the corner <3 minutes away. So I ran home and checked and I was 43! Yikes! However, it was time for lunch anyway so I went at it.

I've tried to keep myself busy today doing some other things around the house. Now I'm getting ready to do a 30 minute workout in the living room. Oh well, hopefully the week will be better and I can get out and ride.

I hope the weather was better in MI for my friend Nancy to get out and put in a few miles! lol

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I did ride Mike...but it wasn't much better here. COLD and drizzly for the 7AM start. Toes and fingers were numb by the end. I would have been drooling over that Madone!